Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Q: Since coming into the Art of Living, I am aware of more ups and downs in my life

Click on the button Bookmark and Share to share Sri Sri's divine knowledge topics.


Q: Since coming into the Art of Living, I am aware of more ups and downs in my life. Am I experiencing the karma of past lifetimes on the fast track or is it like this?
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: What happens when you meditate? The contrast between the ups and downs in life is greater. On a white cloth, even a small dust particle is clearly seen. Similarly, when the mind becomes more pure, even small jealousy or anger is an irritant. It is unbearable and you have to get rid of it quickly. This is but quite natural.
At the same time, you get the inner strength to endure situations.

Q: After I started with my spiritual practices, I, no longer, have the killer instinct to compete. Am I a misfit in the corporate world?
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: Don’t be harsh on yourself. Running around between tasks, will not bring achievement. Just relax. For that you need inner strength.

Q: Will the Sudarshan kriya*, help to remove substance abuse?
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: Yes, definitely. It needs some support system, some perseverance. There should be friends, and family to remind the person to stick to the practices. That is why our de-addiction programs are residential. If people who need help stay for 10-15 days and follow the routine, then the recovery is faster.

Q: When will I get freedom?
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: First understand what freedom is. Drop whatever burden you feel in the mind. Quieten the mind.
The mind will say: ‘I want this’, ‘I want that’ - drop everything.
Have the sankalpa: I am happy, contented and don’t need anything.
When you are free, bliss follows you.
If you are chasing 20 desires, there is no freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...