Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bhanu Didi shares her childhood memories with Gurudev

Click on the button Bookmark and Share to share Sri Sri's divine knowledge topics.


*Dear Ones, Jai Gurudev,

Bhanu didi shares some of her memories about Gurudev and HIS childhood..
Just at right time when we are all preparing to celebrate HIS birthday.*


> *I was born on Jan 11, 1958, in Papanasam, in the same house where
> Guruji was born. The Sanskrit name for sister is Sahodhari...one who shares
> the womb. Just the thought that my Master shared the same womb fills me
> with gratitude and my life continues to be a journey of gratitude and joy
> from moment to moment!
>
> Often people ask me when I realized he was my guru. The truth is I have
> always followed him, unknowingly in the beginning, and with the knowledge
> later on, but his words and his steps have led and guided me throughout.*
> *
>
> He has taught me to play, to sing, to meditate, to do puja, to care, to
> serve...the list is endless. When guruji was about five years old and I was
> three, our games used to emulate the puja that we have seen our grandmother
> performing. Guruji would make his small shivalinga, offer flowers, chant
> few verses and keep some sweets to offer. I would sit beside him with eyes
> closed waiting for the sweets. Once I asked him why we had to offer because
> god doesn't seem to eat them anyway. He simply told me, "of course god eats
> it, he makes it sweeter and gives it back for us!"*
>
> *
> There was a small Shiva temple near our house where we would go every day.
> The temple had 108 shivalingas and guruji would insist on going around each
> one chanting ‘om namah shivaya’. We were still just 5 and 3 years old. I
> would skip one or two and finish and at the end guruji would lead me by
> hand back to those one or two and make me complete it! The awareness, the
> attention to detail and perfection in everything he did was amazing.*
>

> *He had his touch of naughtiness and humour also. Once, after coming back
> from school, we emptied pitaji’s (our father’s) suitcase of all his files
> and filled it with our toys! He was supposed to go for an important meeting
> and he took all our toys with him there! When he opened the briefcase, it
> was certainly a surprise for all present. However, our father only
> complimented our sense of humour and encouraged us. Our parents gave us
> such a beautiful environment to grow up. My father had a very scientific
> outlook and my mother was very traditional. However, both were very
> broadminded and nurtured the same qualities in us.*
>
> * Guruji was a leader at school as well. Sometimes even our teachers
> would speak to him for solace. They felt good and lighter speaking to him.
> He was a very talented student also. He would participate in music, dance,
> and theater and excel as well. However, one thing he could never do was
> play football. He would say that he was unable to kick anything away that
> came to him!*
>
> *Today there are millions of people from all walks of life, and from
> around the world have come to him, seeking his guidance, feeling uplifted
> by his presence. I have seen him meeting members of parliaments,
> businessmen, simple housewives, farmers, laborers – often all in the same
> day, and he speaks to each one with the same rapt attention and care. The
> same continues whichever part of the world he is in. He travels from city
> to city, country to country, across time zones, incessantly and there are
> people waiting for him everywhere. He is never jet-lagged. He addresses
> their concerns, uplifts them with knowledge, guides them into meditation,
> inspires them to serve, and gives a higher purpose to their lives. I often
> say, if you have any doubt that he is divine, just travel with him once and
> you will know.*
>

> *Once, someone asked him if he ever felt tired. He replied, “Does the sun
> ever tire of shining, or the river of flowing? I never do anything that is
> not in my nature.”*
>
> * I say, we are very fortunate to have a living Master with us. It is
> true that we may find a lot of the wisdom, the secrets to liberation and so
> on in many books or scriptures but only a lit candle can light another.
> Only the master can help us to experience and integrate this wisdom into
> our lives. Only the master can inspire so much love and light and give us
> an unshakable smile.*
>
*
Jai Gurudeva *
-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...